Saturday, June 21, 2008

Visiting Iowa

The boys and I headed out last week with Dannie and her kids for an almost endless road trip! They were on their way to Trace's new assignment in Ohio so we drove as far as Iowa with them. I introduced them to my hometown and various family members, took them to have a canteen of course, and showed them all the places that have been a part of our lives for the past (um "30 something") years. They made it safely to Ohio despite lots of flooding throughout Iowa. I have never seen anything like it. Places that are normally farmland, look like enormous lakes now. So many crops are ruined. With the econonmy in such bad shape anyway, this was about the worst thing that could happen to farmers AND consumers.
We are staying here for a little while and will be helping my parents get their house ready to sell before they move to Colorado. I had not planned to, but I may stay long enough to go to my upcoming 20 year high school reunion. I have several photo sessions lined up and may get to do my first maternity shoot with my sister in law who is expecting their first baby next month. Here are some of my favorite shots I have gotten so far...










No comments: